As of July, 2014
|1940||Founder Motoharu Kikuchi starts manufacturing gears at 3-chome Honjo, Ashikaga, Tochigi Prefecture|
|1943||Motoharu Kikuchi has died at the World WarⅡ.The business continues by his wife Yoshimi Kikuchi as president.|
|1959||Yoshimi Kikuchi resigns as president. Yoshiharu Kikuchi is elected as the new president.|
|1968||Joins the establishment of Ashikaga Ironworks Complex Association Company joins Cooperative Association of Ashikaga Ironworks Industrial Estate.|
|1969||The Company reorganizes as Kikuchi Gear Co., Ltd., and Yoshiharu Kikuchi is elected as representative director. (with a capital of 5 million yen.)|
|1970||Capital increases to 10 million yen.|
|1971||Capital increases to 15 million yen.|
|1978||1st factory expansion. Mechanical machinery equipment is added for modernization of the facilities.|
|1981||Secures land area of 2,800 m2 for parking spaces|
|1982||2nd factory expansion. Conducts site renovation for production and equipment upgrades (certified as Small Business Rationalization Model Factory by the Small and Medium Enterprise Agency).|
|1987||Newly establishes Factory No.2 (site area: 2, 323 m2, building: 660 m2)|
|1988||Newly establishes office building and factory with air condition.|
|1990||Secures land area of 10,000 m2 for plant site.|
|1993||Newly established Factory No.3 (site area: 1,676 m2, building: 753 m2.)|
|1997||Capital increases to 30 million yen. Newly establishes Factory No.4 (site area: 1,983 m2, building: 1,862 m2).|
|1999||Receives commend from Ashikaga Tax Office as a superior report corporation|
|2000||Obtains the ISO9002:1994 certification at all of our factories.|
|2001||Issues 100 million corporate bonds|
|2002||President Yoshiharu Kikuchi receives technology award from Japan Aerospace Engineering Association Kanto Branch. Governor of Tochigi Prefecture certifies four persons from our company as “Tochigi Meisters” Renewal and Transition Audit for ISO 9001: completes 2000 Year Edition Newly establishes Factory No.5 (site area 2,640 m2, building: 1,584 m2).|
|2003||Gets certified as a Tochigi Prefecture Frontier Company.|
|2004||Governor of Tochigi Prefecture certifies one person from our company as a “Tochigi Meister.” Certified for ISO 14001|
|2005||Expands the head office and factory (area of expanded site 1,157 m2, building: 534 m2). Ashikaga Tax Office commends our company once again as a superior report corporation. Yoshinori Kikuchi gets appointed President and Representative Director. Yoshiharu Kikuchi gets appointed Chairman and Representative Director. Renewal and Transition Audit for ISO 14001: 2004 Year Edition completed.|
|2006||Receives Tochigi Prefecture’s approval for “Business Innovation Plan.” Newly Introduces Gear grinding machine REISHAUER RZ 400.|
|2007||Starts mass production of gears for Lexus highest-end model LS 600h. The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry selects our company as one of “300 of Japan’s Vibrant Monozukuri (Manufacturing) SMEs” Receives an Award from the Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare for the Elderly Employment Development Contest Yoshiharu Kikuchi, president of our company, assumes the position of president of the Ashikaga Chamber of Commerce.|
|2008||Receives “Tochigi Prefecture Image up Contribution Award” Gets re-certified as a Tochigi Prefecture Frontier Company.|
|2009||Certified for JIS Q9100.|
|2010||Joins exhibition as a member of “Japan Aerospace Industry Forum (JAIF)” at Farnborough International Airshow, UK. New introduction of P40 type gear testing machine made by Klingelnberg.|
|2011||Receives a “Tochigi Industry Vitality Award Grand Prize” Joins exhibition as a member of “Japan Aerospace Industry Forum (JAIF)” member at Paris Air Show in France.|
|2012||Exhibits at Singapore Air Show. Mass production of gear for Toyota 86 / Fuji Heavy Industries BRZ starts.|
|2013||Exhibits at Paris Air Show in France. Newly establishes Factory No.6 (site area: 4,571 m2 building: 3,012 m2).|
|2014||Exhibits at Singapore Air Show. The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry selects us as one of “300 Excellent SMEs and Micro Enterprises”.|
|2015||Exhibits at Paris Air Show in France.|
|2016||Establishes 100% subsidiary AeroEdge Co. Ltd., through a corporate split-up.|
We, as a member of society, deeply understand the importance of environmental issues and are committed to creating a society where sustainable development can be achieved with sufficient consideration so that all business activities are in harmony with the environment.
In light of the business activities of designing and developing gears and gear related products, the Company will conduct environmental management based on the following policies, observe laws and regulations related to the environment, and strive to improve our environmental management systems continuously and to prevent pollution as well as protect the environment.
- We will accurately grasp the impact of our business activities on the environment, and at the same time, we clarify environmental laws, ordinances, agreements and other requirements related to this, and strictly observe environmental laws and regulations, agreements and other requirements.
- We set environmental objectives, targets and management plan to the extent technologically and economically feasible, and we will strive to continually improve our performance and environmental management system involving all company members.
- Among the environmental impacts related to business activities, we will address the following issues as priority themes of environmental management.
- Eliminate unnecessary procurement, further promote 3R and minimize waste as much as possible.
- Advance facility examination / introduction for improving the energy efficiency of the factory.
- Raise understanding about preservation of environment
- We will review and maintain and improve our environmental management system by regularly conducting internal audits and reviews.
- All of our employees and temporary staff working at our company keep high environmental conscious awareness and we inform, implement and maintain this policy in order to achieve this environmental policy. We will disclose our environmental policy to stakeholders.
President and Representative Director
Kikuchi Gear Co., Ltd.
Please feel free to contact us
if you need any further information about our products for automobiles,
hydraulic equipment, construction equipment, aerospace industries, etc.